TI is for teens who are concerned about substance misuse, want to do something about it, and have the peer respect to be heard. Each teen must:
- Be a sophomore, junior, or senior in September 2017
- Have demonstrated leadership potential
- Be involved in school and community activities
- Be willing to serve as a resource in their school and community
- Have support of a faculty sponsor to assist in program implementation
- Refrain from the use of alcohol, tobacco or other drugs (excluding prescription and non-prescription medication approved by a parent) for the duration of the retreat
Cost to Attend
Thanks to generous grants and donations, the total cost per student is only $50.
Full scholarships are available at the discretion of the TI directors. Call Kim at 314.962.3456 (ext. 342) for information.
The attendance fee covers the cost of lodging, meals, transportation, and training materials.
Sometimes a student pays or partially pays their own tuition, but it’s preferred that funding come from the participant’s school or community, since this indicates a broader support for the student’s attendance at TI. Additional funding sources include community coalitions; school groups like student councils, TREND or SADD chapters; PTAs; civic groups like Kiwanis, Optimists, and Rotary; and faith-based groups.
If a participant has to withdraw for any reason, a refund will be given – less a $35 administrative fee – with written notification for the reason.
No refunds will be made after May 26, 2017.